Nobody

Politics, ethics, travel, book & film reviews, and a log of Starbucks across this great nation.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Nobody 776

Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Nobody # 776

Nobody Asked Me But:

Action: New York’s Republican Rep. Peter King on Michael Jackson - “There's nothing good about this guy.”

Reaction: Rather than jumping on Jackson, shouldn’t King be doing the “people’s business?”

Reaction # 2: I agree that the media coverage is off-the-charts overboard, but then I am not an elected official supposedly focused on much bigger problems.<<<


Action: In an Independence Day message to supporters, Sarah Palin said she was leaving office for a "higher calling."

Reaction: That is not the first time I have heard the Republican Right referred to in this way. In fact, I think it is on their masthead.<<<


Action: Palin’s lawyer says the governor needed a break after being "on duty now for two and a half years solid."
Reaction: Is it true that she will run for President’s for the next two and one-half years and then take a break for the final year?<<<

Action: Sarah Palin says - "I am not a quitter. I am a fighter."

Reaction: This was the day after she announced that she was quitting.<<<


Action: The South Carolina Republican Party announced that they are censuring Mark Sanford.

Reaction: Sanford says he will try to fall back in love with the party again.<<<

Action: David Brooks mourns the death of dignity in public figures. He misses reticent people like Ronald Reagan and Joe DiMaggio.

Reaction: I liked the Reagan who made jokes after he was shot, but I didn’t much like the reticent man who was semi-estranged from his children. And while I admire the dignity of DiMaggio, I admire the honesty of a Ted Williams more.

Reaction # 2: But there are degrees. I’ll take modesty over chest-thumping in my athletes and my politicians.<<<


Action: President Obama tells the Russians that “by no means is America perfect.”

Reaction: It is very refreshing to have a President who is not afraid of the truth. Pay attention Fox News and you may learn what “fair and balanced” really means.<<<

Reaction # 2: Here are a few examples that the President could have used.

Slavery
Segregation
Mexican War
Spanish-American War
Red Scare
Japanese internment
McCarthyism
Vietnam
CIA interventions in Latin America
Iran in 79

Reaction # 3: The list of America’s positives is longer but everybody remembers them. Not so the above.<<<





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home