Nobody

Politics, ethics, travel, book & film reviews, and a log of Starbucks across this great nation.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Nobody 768

Sunday, May 17, 2009
Nobody # 768

Nobody Asked Me But:

Monday, May 11

Last week I wrote about the necessary ingredients for a successful relationship. I am most certainly not an expert on the subject, but over the years I have learned a few things from my successes and even more from my failures. (Please note – I am not talking about failed relationships but of failures small and large within a relationship.)

So here is my thought for today about the subject:

Except in those very few things that are vital to your ability to love her or him, (such things as being faithful, being funny, etc. - they differ from person to person) do not try to change your partner. Love “me,” love my petty annoyances because, just like the good stuff, they are ME.

Tuesday, May 12

Nancy Perosi on waterboarding: “I have always been against it, ….except when I wasn’t.”

Wednesday, May 13

(Yes, it’s a sex drug too.)
Baseball official to Manny: “So you admit that you knew that HCG ( Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin ) was a performance-enhancing substance when you took it?”

Manny: “Yes, and I am ashamed.”

Manny: “But you have it all wrong.”

Manny: “I wasn’t trying to keep up with advancing age.”

Manny: “I was trying to keep it up with advancing age.”

Thursday, May 14

This week’s dumber than dumb award goes to Governor Terminator, who wants to sell the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, San Quentin State Prison, the Orange County Fairgrounds and other state property to raise cash amid the state's growing fiscal crisis.

And rumor has it that he already has one buyer – Ritz Carlton, who wants to turn San Quentin into a time-share.

Friday, May 15

Is the President morphing into his predecessor on the treatment of war prisoners and suspected terrorists? In both the release of the photos and the use of military tribunals, his first instinct was the correct one and his second the “Right” one. We don’t need another “Mad-dog” Cheney in the White House.

Has he really embraced the Bush/Cheney doctrine that convictions are more important than justice?

Saturday, May 16

Is nothing sacred? I have never expected America’s beauty queens to be Mensa members, but at least I expected them to have real breasts. Does Carrie Prejean’s God really love implants and hate gays?

Sunday, May 17

Review times 2:

Movie – “Star Trek.” “Live long and prosper.” – See it!
Book – “Brimstone,” a western by Robert B. Parker. Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch are almost like Spensor and Hawk on horseback. The usual great Parker dialogue. Read it! (It will take you less than a day.)

(The picture above was taken along a Vermont highway.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home