Nobody

Politics, ethics, travel, book & film reviews, and a log of Starbucks across this great nation.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Nobody 775

Sunday, July 5, 2009
Nobody # 775

Nobody Asked Me But:

Action: Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton rush to Los Angeles to support Michael Jackson’s family.

Reaction: Lock up the silver, Jackson family, and forgetabout being on camera. The parasite pair is in town.

Reaction # 2: Every time there is a tragedy or an emergency having to do with Black Americans, these two rush to the scene and grab the spotlight. Have they no shame?

Reaction # 3: Dumb question. Of course they don’t.<<<

Action: Craig Barrett, the former chairman of Intel, recently suggested that any American kid who wants to get a driver’s license has to finish high school. No diploma – no license.

Reaction: Make this guy czar of education.

Reaction # 2: Sometimes we forget that the simplest reforms are among the best.<<<

Action: 58% in CNN poll say Michael Jackson was the greatest pop star of all time.

Reaction: Count me among the minority. If you are talking singles only, Elvis is still an easy number 1. If groups can be counted, then it is the Beatles.<<<

Action: The Los Angeles Times would not permit the use of the word gay until 1987.

Reaction: Et Tu Times?.<<<

Action: It was 61 years ago, July 26, 1948, that Truman issued Executive Order 9981which ended racial segregation in the military.

Reaction: I will respect Obama even more when he finally does the same for sexual preference.<<<

Action: President Obama has the ideas, lets Congress fill in the details.

Reaction: That is an excellent way to turn grand ideas into half-assed realities.

Reaction # 2: That’s like deciding to have a great feast and letting the local kindergarten select the menu.<<<

Action: Geoffrey Miller, a leading evolutionary psychologist, says that men tip better in restaurants because they have been programmed to show off their surplus wealth as a measure of their mating desirability.

Reaction: With whom are they trying to mate – their date or the waitperson?<<<

Action: Andrew Young, a former campaign aide to John Edwards, says in his book proposal that the ex-Senator and his mistress, Rielle Hunter, once made a sex tape.

Reaction: Well, after all, she did originally sign on with Edwards to make campaign videos.

Reaction # 2: Do you suppose that this new video shows him taking positions that were not on his official platform?<<<

Action: California’s D & R legislators fail to strike a budget deal to prevent the state from having to issue IOUs.

Reaction: A pox on both their houses but a bigger pox, a HUGE pox on the Republicans for trying to balance the budget on the backs of the sick and the poor.

Reaction # 2: Since Governor Arnie is also willing to crush the needy, isn’t it past time to terminate the term of the Terminator?<<<

Action: Palin says she would beat Obama.

Reaction: Ah, Sarah. I don’t think Barack is into the whips and chains thing.<<<

Action: Palin says, “Life is about choices!”

Reaction: Apparently not if you are pregnant.<<<

SIGN ODOM

Action: The odds makers have lifted the LeBron-Shaq Cavaliers to co-favorite status with the Lakers to win the 2010 NBA championship. Both teams are now listed at 9-4.

Reaction: Not on Minnehaha where the Cavaliers are no better than co-favored with the Celtics at 3-1 to make it to the league finals.

SIGN ARIZA – Oops! Too late.<<<

Action: On Wednesday, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer called on lawmakers to get back to work on a new budget — one that includes a tax increase. Yes, you read that right – increase. Brewer says she wants a temporary increase in the state sales tax to alleviate cuts to K-12 education, health and human services and public safety in the face of an at least $3 billion budget deficit.

Reaction: How many times have I told you that not all Republican politicians are bad?

Reaction # 2: All right. All right. Maybe this is the first time.<<<

Action: Mark Sanford now says that he has “crossed lines” with women other than Chapur and that after dancing with them he has gone “to a place I probably shouldn’t have gone.”

Reaction: “Crossed lines?” That has to mean he took them through Georgia into Florida. A place he “shouldn’t have gone?” I’m not sure but I think there is a No Tell Motel just across the state line.

Reaction # 2: I surely hope that he is not going to pull a Clinton on us about those “crossed lines” and claim “I did not play tic tac toe with those women.”

Reaction # 3: Sanford also said he was "trying to fall back in love with his wife." Do I dare say her response should be “Don’t try for me Argentina?” Nah, I don’t dare.

Reaction # 4: With a humble apology to Johnny Cash

I find it very, very hard to be true
I hate being alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit I'm trying to fool you
Are you still mine,
I’ve crossed the line. – Mark Sanford<<<

Action: Iran Cleric Says British Embassy Staff to Stand Trial.

Reaction: Don’t look now but Iran’s nutcase leaders may be close to “jumping the shark.”<<<

Action: Former UN Representative John Bolton again advocates bombing Iran.

Reaction: Let’s get down to the nuts and Bolton. Is there a bigger nut than John Bolton?<<<

I wrote a small poem a couple of weeks ago. I don’t think it is Poet of the Year level but it’s worth sharing.

THE LION AND THE RABBIT

When I was prime t’was lion time,
My manner mostly bold,
But rabbit tries to take the lead
As I close in on old.

My rabbit measures every word,
No fool he wants to be,
My lion roars at anything
His power sets him free.

When I’m my rabbit I cringe and crawl
And quake lest I offend,
That chance he’ll take, my lion says,
To fear he will not bend.

I love my lion’s courage,
My rabbit leaves me cold.
That’s why I’ll try, until I die,
To live my life in bold.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home