Nobody

Politics, ethics, travel, book & film reviews, and a log of Starbucks across this great nation.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nobody 871

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nobody # 871


Nobody Asked Me But:

(Note: Other than this one at the top, the pictures have nothing to do with the text. I just like them. One is a shot of orchids in our backyard. The second is a star jasmine dinosaur on Santa Monica. The third is what my wife says each morning.)


AND NOW - TWTWTW

Paul Revere had nothing to fear

From the British according to Palin

Says you can leave it or take it

The truth’s what I make it

Though in history my grades were all fail’n


So she’s no history wiz, but I guess that’s show biz

And, no, I don’t mean to bait her

Sarah’s far from my pick

But it’s no easy trick

To turn Paul Revere into traitor


She said, I don’t goof, I’m telling the truth

We’ve believed history guys far too long

You know what I think

They’re all liberal and pink

And they always get everything wrong


Things are quite strange in this world of change

And often demand second looks

When a headline I read

Of an Amazon deed

I think not of river but books


Not guilty am I said the Dominique guy

She said yes to our sexual dance

Besides what’s the big deal

If I copped a free feel

It’s my favorite pastime in France


It’s not that they’re blaming the umpire

Or chasing her right out the door

But the Gator chicks claim

That the blind umpire dame

Made them lose their game fourteen to four


Pardon me, but it used to be

That one’s head in the clouds was real bad

If my head there’s not good

Then tell me why should

I store files there to suit the new fad


The Congressman was getting quite desperate

He longed to display flag unfurled

So Weiner went tweet

Said this sure is neat

I can show all my stuff to the world


Santorum is sure that he favors torture

He proclaims it is a valued tool of war

What gives him insight

That it works day and night

He saw it’s success on “24”


Now Rick is quite defensive ‘bout this issue

He puts down anyone who calls him wrong

Says it’s plain that John McCain

Undervalues pain

He’s been away from torture far too long


Anonymous e-card confessions

Those topics too touchy for words

It’s a trend not becoming

I would feel like was slumming

Just something new to do for all the herds


Just thinking ‘bout the new cicada ice cream

Makes me lose what’s left of all my poise

It would taste so really ick

The very thought makes me sick

And what I’d hate even more is all the noise


Because Madame Judge likes her dresses

She must ride the elevator every day

It seems the glass stairway

Provides an unfair way

‘cause it put what she has on display


A television ad for new X-Men

Said reviewers had rated it quite high

But here is the joker

The reviews were mediocre

So the ad it seems was just an outright lie


It seems that once the Divine Sarah stops re-teaching American history, she is headed for Europe and has let it be known that she would like to visit Dame Margaret Thatcher. The former PM (and/or those advising her) want no part of such a scenario. In fact one of Thatcher’s top people was quoted as follows:

One is a giant figure; the other, politically speaking, a carnival pygmy better suited to life on a second-rate reality television show.

Not being a Thatcher admirer, I am not too sure about the first part of his statement, but, with the second part, he was right on target.

IMO – For President Obama to be reelected, one of two things must happen: (1) unemployment drops drastically, (2) the Republicans nominate a can’t win candidate like Sarah Palin.


SOME THINGS THAT REMIND ME THAT I’M GLAD I’M NOT YOUNG ANYMORE.

The number of laughs that crude gets

The rapid decline of courtesy

Athletes who celebrate me more than we

Over the top public address announcers at sporting events


Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen - I finally read WFE and, although I didn’t love it, as my friends who recommended to me did, I liked it and enjoyed it a lot. As in several books that I have read lately, there is a main story and a back-story. Usually I greatly prefer one over the other, but in this case I found the main story – Jacob in the circus, and the back story – Jacob at 90 or is it 93 telling the story, about equal in interest. I thought the characters were well drawn, especially my favorite, Rosie the elephant.

If you want love and adventure i

n a 1930s circus, try this, you’ll like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home