Nobody

Politics, ethics, travel, book & film reviews, and a log of Starbucks across this great nation.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nobody 792

Sunday, November 15, 2009
Nobody # 792

Nobody Asked Me But:

Some days the Republican Party seems to be going crazy. Its public image is often shaped by people who appear to have gone into government because they saw it as a steppingstone to talk radio.” David Brooks

Every morning I receive a free online briefing from the Sporting News. Actually it is not very brief. It has become one of my required morning reads. On page 3 they always have a sports personality – player, coach, etc. answer a questionnaire about his or her life.

I decided I would answer it too, with a couple of added questions, to update my profile.

Born – 8/26/34 in Lansing, Michigan.

Status – Married to Barbara.

Alma mater – Arizona State University, University of Arizona. UCLA – by choice and marriage.

What’s on TV – Mad Men, Bones, Bruins (UCLA), 24, Lakers, Glee, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

What’s in iPhone - Paul Simon, Willie Nelson, Joan Baez.

What I drive - 2006 Lexus IS300.

Favorite flicks - Godfather 1&2, Casablanca, Young Frankenstein, Gunga Din, Sleepless In Seattle.

Magazine subscriptions – Sports Illustrated, ESPN, Time, Newsweek, Architectural Digest.

Bookmarks – New York Times, LA Times, Time, Bruin Report Online, Slate, CNN, Arizona Daily Star.

What I’m reading – “Wolf Hall” (a novel about Thomas Cromwell and Henry VIII) “True Compass” (Ted Kennedy’s Memoirs).

Superstition – I wear Bruin blue and gold boxers on game days.

Worst habit – I procrastinate – but I will get better at that tomorrow.

On my study wall – Coach Wooden’s Pyramid of Success, Picasso print of The Laughing King, Ice cream sign –“When in doubt, eat ice cream.”

Love to trade places with for a day – The President or a NY Times political columnist.

First job – Caddie in Memphis at 15. General work at a Mom and Pop grocery store in Flint at 16.

Talent I would most like to have – Computer geek.

For dinner – Tacos, (Barbara’s) macaroni and cheese (Barbara’s), steak, chili, potato salad garlic toast, cabernet. (Not all at once – different meals)

Favorite athlete to watch – Tiger, Kobe.

Sporting event I would most like to attend (next to the Final Four of course) – British Open.

Favorite physical attribute – Legs.

Least favorite – Wrists.

Dream date – Dinner with Barbara at Georgia Brown’s (D.C.)

Favorite city to visit – London, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C.

Favorite team as a kid – Detroit Tigers.

Favorite value in others – Honesty, I like to know where I stand.

Greatest love – My wife and my family.

My heroes – My children (They survived me and prospered.)

My bucket list - See Paris and Rome. Take a Mediterranean Cruse. Return to Stonehenge. Watch an oral argument at the SC. Eat ice cream in Oxford. Take my grandchildren to DC. Teach a class at Stanford.

Where have you been all my life – Risotto and Lisbeth Salander, aka: “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.” Lisbeth is the most interesting fictional character I have come across in a while. (Barbara – Please note that neither of these is a romantic interest, although I do have a slight crush on fiery shrimp and roasted corn risotto.)

My motto – The going up is worth the coming down.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home