Nobody

Politics, ethics, travel, book & film reviews, and a log of Starbucks across this great nation.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, November 25, 2010



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nobody # 842 – Thanksgiving

Nobody Asked Me But:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW SON!

This is not a day for negatives, so I will get these out of the way first. I am most definitely not thankful for bookstore closings – 3 in the past month (Borders in Thousand Oaks and Westwood, Barnes and Noble in Encino). Boo! Hiss!

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

A mocha malt, Pike’s black and “my” window table at Starbuck’s

PAPPARDELLE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE

East Coast sunrises and West Coast sunsets.

Memories of Coach Wooden

Back yard, books, and an umbrella on sunny days

Plumaria in bloom

My wife’s coffee cakes

Midway briefs

Two-buck Chuck

Three-day trips

Kevin and Russell and Aaron and Darren

Lists – 10 best and, especially, 10 worst

“Hannah And Her sisters” and Abbot and Costello meet “Young Frankenstein”

The Sporting News Daily

David Brooks

Apple and Google

Maine

Pop tarts from the Gelato Bar on Tujunga

Two hours of solitude every morning

Having Barbara around for the other 22

A full moon shining on my desk

A black President and a female Speaker of the House

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Masterpiece Mysteries

I AM THANKFUL THAT: I am loved by wonderful people

I AM MOST THANKFUL THAT: I CAN LOVE THOSE WONDERFUL PEOPLE

(I am also thankful that I can laugh at the below)

Q: Is it true that menopause is mentioned in the bible?

A: Yes, in Matthew 14:92: “And Mary road Joseph’s ass all the way to Egypt.”

And

An elderly man was stopped by the police around 3 a.m. and was asked where he is going at this time of night.

The man replied, “I am going to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body.”

The officer then asked, "Really? Who is giving that lecture at this time of night?"

The man replied, "My wife."

And finally – The LA Times asks its readers: “What is your all-time Thanksgiving memory?

Mine is in Tacoma, Washington when I was 11 and 12 watching the city high school championship between Stadium High and Lincoln High from Stadium’s sunk-in football field overlooking Commencement Bay. (Picture above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home